Grade 10 Advanced Fitness and Wellness (Block D)
(AFW Block D)
Advanced Fitness & Wellness Class
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to learn weight training concepts and techniques used for obtaining optimal physical fitness. Students will benefit from comprehensive weight training and cardio respiratory endurance activities. Students will learn the basic fundamentals of weight training, strength training, aerobic training, and overall fitness training and conditioning. Course includes both lecture and activity sessions. Students will be empowered to make wise choices, meet challenges, and develop positive behaviors in fitness, wellness, and movement activity for a lifetime.
1. The students will develop and increase proper weight training knowledge and technique.
2. The students will develop and increase muscular strength, muscular endurance, power, agility, and flexibility.
3. The students will increase their self-esteem and feeling of well being.
4. The students will increase their knowledge of strength training anatomy.
5. The students will leave the program with the skills, knowledge, discipline, and desire to develop and implement an individual fitness program which is functional.